Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Does today's society need to bring back the good old days of our children when they misbehave?

Oh, definitely! When I was a kid, if I did something wrong, I was ed for it! I guarantee you I never did the same wrong thing twice, becuase I knew that there would be consequences. There are no consequences for children who are not disciplined these days. What's taking away t.v. for one night going to do? Nothing. What's reasoning with a kid going to do but teach them that they can talk and reason their way out of the punishment that they deserve? My parents loved me enough and cared enough about the kind of person that I was going to grow up to be to discipline me. I am very thankful for that. When I was in the wrong, or off track, discipline was what I needed, and discipline (by a good old fashioned with a leather belt), is what I received. People can sit here and wonder all they want why there's all of these school shootings and violence and kids getting into trouble, but the solution always comes back to the home life. Kids need parents to be their parents, not their friends. Believe it or not, kids, especially teenagers crave the guidlines and discipline that parents should give them. If they're not disciplined and kept on track, then the kid thinks, that their parent doesn't care about them, that it doesn't matter what they do and so what's the point about worrying about it. I think that there is a direct correlation between not and disciplining and the way that kids act today as far as violence goes. These children who are not disciplined don't think that there's going to be any consequences or they don't care if there are going to be! I say down with the pop phsycology and left wing anti- movement. Whoever thinks that ing for discipline (not inexcess to the point of an unneccessary beating, but just two or three good wacks for something your child does seriously wrong) is full of crap in my opinion, and I truly feel sorry for their children. People need to step up, be parents and discipline their children. I guarantee you that this would solve a good majority of the teen delinquency and violence problems in today's society, and the problem with bratty kids who get everything they want and can do whatever they want and control their parents more or less. It's time for people to step up and start caring enough about their kids and the people that they are going to grow up to be to discipline them and set a firm, straight foundation for their lives. Bottom line is, parents need to be parents. Guess I should add that the fact that my parents loved me enough to discipline me by ( and I guarantee that I never did the same wrong thing after receiving a for something), did not leave me with any "emotional trauma" or "mental scarring". All of that crap is just that - a big huge smelly crock of crap. What it left ME with was a deep respect for my parents and authority and the ability to differentiate between right and wrong. I love my parents all the more for caring enough about me to set me straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment