Saturday, November 5, 2011

Morbid obesity is considered a disability these days..?

For those of us who are obese, including me at 620, we don't think of ourselves as disabled (at least I don't). However, as one grows larger or is a certain size, one may not be able to walk adequately without help. Legally, that may mean the person is disabled and should benefit from certain items like motorized carts or disability parking spaces. I know that I have been offered the cart and offered by my bus drivers that I can use the bus lift to get on and off the bus. However, I choose not to take either. I still walk (slowly and much like a waddle) and swim. I choose to be this way because I love being very fat and do not consider my self disabled. That does not apply to others. If others need the diability help, they should be able to use such help. Not everyone chooses to be their size. How they choose to deal with their size is a choice each one makes and should be allowed to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment